Sunday, January 1, 2012

Changes

Things have been changing. Everywhere. Everyone around me is changing, some for the best, others not so much. It's hard. I have old best friends who are beyond recognition and a few new friends that I feel like I've known forever.
Last night/this morning everyone was talking about how they will be new people because it's a new year.
It made me ask a question. Are these people that are going to become new people really becoming new people, or will they just be the same person in a new situation?
It's a tough question. I feel I've stayed relatively the same person for the past few months, despite the amount of times I've had to move and the amount of stress I've had. Only my situation has really changed.
We react differently to different situations. Agreed? So could it be possible that everyone who says they're becoming new people is really just putting themselves in a new and hopefully better situation?
Are New Year's resolutions really just a self-commitment to put yourself in a better situation?
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment