Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Relaxing

I am high strung. Not just a little bit. A lot. Or I guess very would work better in this situation. I am very high strung.
I get stressed really easy. And I deal with it well, until I go a few days without sleeping and it starts to drive me insane. I've been going insane for a few days now. I've been averaging one to three hours of sleep a night for the past week. It hasn't been easy. I have been a zombie in classes. I'm not fully aware all of the time. It isn't good.
And I can't seem to relax.
There are a good number of reasons why I'm stressed. Some I have been posting on here, some are more private. It's making life difficult.
And I just need to relax.
Relax. Sleep. Chill. Be calm.
It's been six months almost since the last time I can remember fully relaxing and not worrying about anything. Six months. Ever since then, life has been a train wreck. I wish things hadn't changed.
But I need to relax.
It's easy to get stuck in a cycle of worrying about everything. It's easy to let stress get to you and make you unhappy. It's easy to stop relaxing.
Sometimes, we need to relax. Stressing out makes us old. And fast. Sometimes staying young is important. It's nice to be able to enjoy youth every once in a while. Kicking back with friends just relaxing is fun. I wish I could do it more often. It seems now that things have changed and hanging out with friends isn't the same anymore. Nobody just wants to hang out.
So I have a resolution (if you will).
I'm making a change. I'm going to work hard to just relax. Spend quiet time to myself every day where I just think. I'll probably do it at night. I'll shut my phone off and go sit somewhere quiet. I challenge everyone reading this to do something similar.
We all need to relax. Stress kills. Relaxing is necessary.
Thanks.
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment