Sunday, January 22, 2012

What she meant to me.

What did she mean to me?
She meant the world,
The universe,
Everything worthwhile.

She was beautiful,
Prettier than any flower you could pick,
Smarter than any MIT nerd,
And still more gorgeous than a Florida sunset.

She was witty,
Sarcastic almost to a fault,
Bitter only when the sun shined wrong,
Gorgeous in every light.

She was my hero,
Strong when she had to be,
She held every hope and fear I had,
In that small, warm, vulnerable hand.

She meant I was finally free,
Free of the depression inherent in a poor boy's life,
Free of the father who was always holding me down and never there,
Free of the pain.

She meant I could escape,
Escape from the prison of poverty and bitterness,
Escape the addictions,
Escape into those bright blue eyes.

Those eyes could free me,
And captivate me for hours,
She taught me a love for picnics,
Her laugh still haunts me.

What did she mean to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment