Friday, January 6, 2012

A dream

I have a dream. Not a revolutionary dream. It's a personal dream.

I've been thinking of what happens when I grow up. I guess I'm a legal adult, but I still play video games, I still go to school, I still need help to get by. I'm an adult but I'm not grown up.
I'm not mature enough to consider myself a grown up. I deal with things in a bad way. I have a bit of a temper.
But this isn't about downing myself. It's about a hopeful dream I've been harboring. I want to be able to grow up. I want to get married. I want to be responsible. I want to have kids.
My dream is to live in the south. I'll be a teacher. I'll have a few kids (even if I know they'll be evil and all that).  I'll have a nice house, in the nice part of town.  I'll be a strong, good person. I won't be as bitter, if any at all.
My kids won't grow up like me. They won't have to deal with fighting. They'll hopefully not look like me, but it's whatever. I want them to go to good schools, where they'll be challenged to try hard. I want them to have every opportunity to be in sports and extra activities. I want them to grow. I want happiness. I want.

This dream is pretty unrealistic but for one thing. This won't just happen to me. I have to find a good girl to settle down with. I have to finish college first. I have to be strong. I have to keep working at getting better. I'll have to treat my kids with love. I'll have to work hard to give them the life that I wanted as a child. I want to give them a childhood that can be remembered with a smile, rather than preferably being ignored. I have to know I can't do this on my own. I need to have someone there for me that wants the same thing. Seemingly impossible, I know, but it can happen.

I'm hopeful. I want this. I want to do for my kids what my dad wanted to give me. I want to make him proud.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment