Sunday, January 15, 2012

Recovering

So recently I was in a pretty bad wreck. I flipped in an SUV at a decent speed. I tore a bunch of muscles, sprained a bunch of things, and bruised a bunch of bones.
I'm physically recovering. Everything hurts at least a little bit right now. But I'm getting better. I can move my right arm fully, and my left is getting there. My hip still bothers me, and I'll have to get a cat scan on it this week, but I'm physically getting better.
Sometimes recovery isn't just physical. It's psychological, too.
I rode in a truck yesterday and almost had a heart attack when the tires slipped in snow. I had a white knuckle grip when we were going faster than forty. It was tough to stay calm. The night after the accident I realized I should have died. There's no possible way I could have walked away from it as undamaged as I am. At the speed I was going, the roof of the vehicle should have been a lot more flattened.
These aren't good thoughts to have. They're scary thoughts. I'm still emotionally shaky from the whole thing.
Again, recovery isn't just physical after things like this. It's almost more psychological than physical for some people. For me it is. I can deal with the pain. That isn't hard at all. It's getting over the fact that I could have died. It isn't the best feeling to have. So please pray for me or send good thoughts, depending on your spirituality. Anything positive is appreciated.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment