Monday, November 21, 2011

Why I fight.

I've been fighting most of my life. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
I've boxed, wrestled, played football, and other sports. I've taken the hardest classes in school just because I wanted a challenge. I've had so many things happen that I regret that it's a daily struggle to look past them all. My faith is challenged every day, and not just by those around me.
Some weeks, it's a wonder that I'm still  going, even to me.
This past week has been no exception. In fact, it's been one of the hardest weeks I can remember. Mentally, emotionally and spiritually more than anything else. I'm about to fail my biology class. I lost two relationships by my own fault. I can't find the strength to tell this girl I think she's amazing. I can't tell her she's the kind of country that I miss from home. Spiritually, I can't even begin to start. I've nearly lost all scraps of faith I had. I don't know how to repair this. Any of it.
I don't feel strong enough. I feel like I'm falling and got knocked out before I even threw a punch.
I feel like I've given it all, but haven't been given a try at anything better.
But I'm going to keep fighting. I know that if I just lay down and take it, it'll get worse. But if I fight and keep fighting to survive, pretty soon I'll be stronger than before.
I fight because I love life. As hard as it is to admit some days, I love being alive.
I'm fighting.
I'm alive.
This is why I fight.
It boils down to love.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment