Sunday, November 27, 2011

Saving the Day

Two nights ago, a friend I hadn't talked to in months told me that I'm an amazing person. I didn't take this well, because I tend to disagree.
Later she told me that she's glad she talked to me because she was about to go down a bad road. One that was self-destructive and dangerous. She said it was the second time I had saved the day.
My first reaction was that I am a superhero. Just kidding. It made me think. It made me realize that when I'm being positive and making an effort to help, I can actually help people.
It was humbling. I realized that I was still being self-centered.
The whole situation arose after a girl I've spent the last month talking to and trying to get together with told me she may be in love. With someone else. It was upsetting. I sent a message to the above-mentioned girl because she seemed down and upset.
Out of this negativity, I feel I have regained a friendship that I figured was all but lost. She told me I had saved the day.
I believe she saved mine.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment