Sunday, November 20, 2011

Promises

Lately I've broken a lot of promises. I made promises when I was stronger and now can't fulfill them.
I told a girl once that I would ALWAYS be there for her. No matter what time of the day or night. No matter what circumstance. I loved this girl with all of my heart, and still do.
Tonight I had to tell her I couldn't keep doing this. I hate that I did it. I really do. It's the lowest I've felt in a long time.
Sometimes we don't have the strength to carry through with all of our promises. Sometimes, we hurt so bad when we are fulfilling them that we can't keep going. It hurts. It feels like you're abandoning someone. It feels like you're lower than the carpet. But sometimes it is necessary. You can't make anyone else happy unless you are happy first. I've learned a lesson in this.
I can't promise someone the world because I can't give them the world. I am human and can only give so much. And it hurts to admit. But I, Tyler Fox, am human.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment