Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fearless

What scares you?
Heights?
Spiders?
Clowns?
Talking to the girl you really like?
Failing a class?
What scares you?
It's an easy question. It really is. I'm scared of me. I'm scared of loss. Pain. Rejection. My family. My past. The future. I'm scared of a lot more.
It's almost easy to admit what you're scared of. Almost. But it can be done. It's really easy to ignore your fears and pretend they aren't there until a situation presents itself. It's easy to brush them under the carpet, hide them in the closet.
How easy is it to push past them, though? Is it easy to go skydiving if heights terrify you? Is it easy to share your feelings for someone if you're scared of rejection?
I don't find these things easy. I consider myself an average person. Normal things affect me normal ways. I have a question in this.
How do we face these fears? How do we gather up the courage to do these things that may hurt us? How can we be strong in the face of adversity?
Is it possible to be fearless?
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment