Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dreams Away

Ever have dreams? A wife, a house, 2.3 kids, a dog, etc like some people? What about big ones? Finding that perfect person. Becoming successful. Being rich.
I've had those dreams. I held onto them for a long time, saying, "This will happen for me." I wanted my dreams to come true. As unrealistic as they were. Ever trick yourself into believing something is right? And that no matter what happens, that thing will always be there?
I figured I had something perfect. I was inches away from realizing some dreams of mine that I had held onto for so long. I'd just figured that it couldn't go wrong. Well, it did.
I had a pretty big change occur in my life. Basically, I got turned upside down. Everything I had built and structured my life for, everything I had spent the past two years structuring my life around, and everything I had truly sacrificed for, kinda fell away.
Does it hurt? Yeah. Does it make me cry? Yes. I cry about it. Is it a good thing? Yes.
Sometimes, you have dreams that are only going to end badly. Yes, I am 18 and a complete cynic. Sorry if I'm bringing you down, but there is a point.
We set ourselves up. We put our eyes on things that are unattainable. That car, that girl, that job. It happens. We are human. It's kind of expected. I'm greedy sometimes. I want things I know I can't have. I want the impossible. Sometimes, those dreams aren't what's good for you. As good as they seem, they'll just hurt.
Word of advice, if following a dream like that repeatedly hurts you, and you just keep ignoring the hurt and keep pushing on, you should stop. If it's like that, you're most likely setting yourself up for a big fall. I've had enough big falls, and I want to help others because of it.
Thanks.
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment