Thursday, September 22, 2011

Anonymous

This is one a friend wrote and asked me to post. I thought it had a certain amount of intrigue so I decided to share. Enjoy it.

I'm an anonymous person. You don't know who I am. Funny how that works. What's even funnier is that I don't even know who I am. I'm that person who holds back. Even from me. You aren't special. Sorry to burst your pretty little bubble. I can be you, I can be me, I can even be a stranger. It depends on which mask I decide I want to wear in the morning. Today's mask was smiling. Was it pretty? Did you like it?
Good. I didn't. I guess you are special. Maybe you know how it is to be the person everyone sees, but nobody knows. Maybe. Or maybe you're just lost and struggling to find your identity in nothing.
See, the beauty of all this is that I don't even care anymore.
Maybe I do care. Do you see the pain in my eyes? Do you see the tracks my tears follow down my cheeks?
They're pretty. They show me that I'm strong enough to take on the world. Actually, they show that I'm still fighting this world around me.
Am I crumbling? Yes. Am I dying? Yes. Can you tell? Not in the least. Pick me out of a crowd. Go ahead, try it. You're wrong. Know how I know? Guess. You should know.
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment