Friday, September 16, 2011

Tears

Slightly mature content. Just a warning.






I cry.
Yes, I can admit it. Tyler, big, bearded Tyler, cries.
Is it because I'm weak? Is it because I'm not manly enough? Or is it because I'm strong enough to get over my pride? Strong enough to realize that tears heal?
Tears do heal, by the way. They heal better than most other things. You can always sit there listening to your parents fight and then pop some pills or use that little blade to medicate. You can always smoke weed. Or start drinking. You can rebel against all authority in your life. You can become bitter, angry, and hate them for ruining your life. You can do everything in the world to stay away from home, sports, clubs, friends, etc.
(I used that example of fighting parents for a more general feel, by the way.)
Or, you can cry. You can cry yourself to sleep. You can cry out from anger. Your tears can't hurt you. They won't kill your internal organs. They won't damage your brain. They won't even scar your skin.
Tears heal. They help you get over that anger. They help ease that bitterness. They help. It isn't a short term help though. Sorry, no instant cures here. But they heal. They help you get stronger. Doubt me, but try it.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment