Monday, September 12, 2011

Think

So, lately I've picked up a habit. There's a graveyard out in the middle of nowhere that I like. It's a good quiet spot. I go there to think.
I've been asked why. My roommate summed it up perfectly. Nothing bad happens there. No shootings, no violence. No hatred. Nothing.
This graveyard is still. It's oddly always brightly lit despite the lack of lighting. Most of all, for me, It's silent. I am a busy individual. I balance full time school, full time clubs, church, working on my new jeep, friends, and of course, chores. I am always busy. I don't relax much.
This graveyard is a sanctuary to me. It is kind of morbid, but it gives me undisturbed thinking time.
Oddly enough, it gave me an idea. Everyone needs a quiet spot where they can sit and reflect. I had an ex girlfriend who has a rock in her backyard she would sit on. I know people who run, or go on bike rides for this very reason.
Find a spot. Somewhere you can relax and reflect. Bring a good book. Leave your phone, your laptop, your ipod. Unplug from the word. And just relax.
Thanks.
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment