Wednesday, September 21, 2011

You Can Run

In the past three months I have had a lot happen. I got fired from my job. Parents started fighting. I had a breakup. I got kicked out of the house. I started back at school. I bought a Jeep. I got another job (today).
A week ago, I wanted to run. I wanted to run far away. Anywhere but here. I hated being here. Still do at times. I felt like every tie I had holding me here was gone. Still having big problems with that one.
I still want to just leave every time I start my Jeep. Then I wouldn't see my parents. I wouldn't see her. I wouldn't see my friends that I feel like I have let down so badly lately.
I could run. I could run away and never look back.
But would I be happy? Would I be content with the fact that I ran?
Anyone can run. It isn't that hard. But I was raised to be strong. And to stick things out. Maybe all of these things are happening for a reason. Maybe I'll grow because of this.
Scratch that.  All of these things are happening for a reason. I will grow because of this. Everything happens for a reason. There's a lesson in everything. Things hurt for a reason, too. When you are small, and you touch the stove and get burned, why do you avoid touching it for the rest of your life? Because it hurts. A lot of life lessons are like that. They hurt so we really learn. And if we run, we can't learn.
You can run, but you'll never learn.
Thanks.
Tyler.

1 comment:

  1. You could run…but then I would just have to hunt you down, wait until you're asleep, drug you, tie you up and drag you back.

    Save us both the effort, okay?

    ReplyDelete