Sunday, October 23, 2011

pt 3.

So this girl and I decided to stick it out, even though I was moving out of state.
Sounds like a normal teenage thing, right? I called her every time I could. I would take my parents phone in the middle of the night and call her. We stayed strong. Sent letters often. I started playing football again.
We were terrible. Won like twice.At the end of the season, I broke my collarbone. It hurt.
But I didn't take the pills. I refused them. For her. It felt right. The night after they broke, I stayed up all night talking to her on the phone. She had school the next day, but she still stayed up. I felt loved.
That was an odd feeling. Someone loved me enough to stay up all night with me, despite school the next day. Wow. I was always an outsider. i had a blue spiked mohawk. I was big. I was mean. I didn't talk to anyone. I was scared of people. I didn't want to get close and have it ripped away from me. Again.
Like I had predicted, we moved. Back to Alabama. I was so happy. We moved about an hour and a half away from my girlfriend. I hated the school I went to though. It was so small.
I was a celebrity in a small way. I was quiet. And smart. Teachers were amazed at how smart I was. I was used to that part though. Teachers at every school were like that. Bothered me sometimes...
It was a source of insecurity knowing that I was smarter than most other students. Set me apart from the rest of the kids.
I was at this school for the rest of freshmen year and the beginning of sophomore year. The summer in between was amazing though. I spent a month with my grandma who lived by my girlfriend. I spent a month over at my girlfriend's house. I loved it. We had so much fun. We took walks, talked to each other, spent hours just holding each other.
She cooked for me, I cooked for her. We watched funny videos. We watched tons of movies. We got close. We also got physical. Started kissing. Then making out. Then touching. We started going a bit too far. It scared me, but I didn't care. We "loved" each other. And never saw each other, so we may as well make up for it, right?
It came time for me to go home. I was upset. But I went. I needed to be home. School was coming soon. I started playing football again. I did well, and then joined cross country too. I ended up fracturing my leg and couldn't play either sport. It sucked. I had nothing to keep me busy.
And then we moved. This time back to my hometown in Florida.
We lived in an 86 Suburban. Six of us. And a dog. We showered in the bathrooms at walmarts and at gas stations. We drove church to church for gas and food. It was hard. I hated it. We got to Naples, and a church put us up in a hotel. It was the first time in weeks I'd really showered. And had room to stretch out.
I hated the hotel. It felt like charity. We were living on handouts. I am a proud person. I have issues letting people help me. And being homeless and living off of handouts was tough on me.
We went to a soup kitchen. It hurt. The homeless would let us go to the front of the line because we were a family. They would give us their desserts because we were kids. I hated myself. These people who had nothing put us before themselves. I guess I've learned not everyone is bad.
To be continued tomorrow.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment