Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Eye of the storm

I heard a song today. I saw it in the form of a steam punk style video. It's called "Eye of the Storm" by Lovett. Listen to it, watch it, etc. It's worth it.
It made me think. The video has a man who's a captain of an airship. He's flying and a storm pops up.
I'm going through a storm right now. I'm a wreck. I'm lost. I've been trying to figure everything out. I lost a relationship that served as my main emotional support. Then got kicked out. Then everything seemed to go downhill from there.
I spent about half of my childhood in Florida. I remember big hurricanes and how everything went. First, everything would get bad. Winds would start up, it would pour down rain. You could watch gutters get ripped off of walls, and drains flood, and trees fall down. The world seemed to tear itself apart.
Then, the sky would change colors and it would be eerily quiet.
It meant halfway. It was a time where my siblings and I would step out and look at the carnage. I seem to be at that spot in my life right now. When the eye of the hurricane would hit, it was a sign of hope. It meant we were halfway through.
Now that I'm at this point, I'm looking for what can be salvaged.
I look at my life, and it seems pretty wrecked. There isn't much left undamaged. The two biggest parts of my life were what i lost a few months back and it seems that the majority of my life depended on them. Kind of hard to face.
I know I'll find things that can be salvaged though. I know that I've already made it through this storm this far. I don't know how this story ends. I couldn't tell you. I'm not even sure myself. I'm resisting those thoughts that end with a click.I'm still fighting. I can do this.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment