Friday, October 7, 2011

Blind

You ever feel like someone is blind to what you feel?
I ask this in a few ways. First, with how they treat you.
Know someone who seems to disregard you and mistreat you, seemingly unknowingly? They say and do things around you that are hurtful, yet you can't do anything. I have an acquaintance who is a nice guy, but he says things around me that really hurt. He insults my family, my southern roots, everything. And I can't say a word because it would hurt his feelings.
Second, when you trust them with your whole heart, and they don't let you even see a crack in the walls they've built.
I'm guilty of this. I don't trust easily. And people trust me. I hate when someone tells me secrets and I can't confide anything in them because I'm scared. I feel like there are a few too many cracks in my heart to let someone else feel what I feel. I feel like a jerk.
And the worst one, when you have feelings for someone and they can't tell (or just don't want to.)
It happens. At least to most people. I know it happens to me. A very close friend of mine seems to be struggling with this exact thing. There's a girl he's been enamored with for months. He's invited her home, taken her to ice cream, the works, and she just chases after other guys. It hurts him. He's almost at the point he wants to give up. I can't even give him advice, because I don't know what I would do. It kills me to watch him suffer,  because he's like a brother to me. I feel like anything I tell him could go wrong and blow up in our faces and make the situation worse. Am I being cynical? Maybe a little, but still I don't want it getting any worse for him.
I think we need to pay more attention to other people's feelings. I know I do. You guys are probably all perfect, but between you and yourself, do you ignore other people's feelings?
Thanks,
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment