Monday, October 17, 2011

Brother

There's a man I know who is just amazing. He has a gift for talking to people. He has kind of  taken me in. He knows what I've been through and how I've had family problems. Lots of them.
He understands. Over the past weekend, he spoke some words to me that hurt. Frankly, some of them were a slap to the face.
Were they true? Yes.
Did I need to hear them? Yes.
Am I grateful? More than I have been in a long time.
He explained that I'm in a time of change. And told me to get over what I've been feeling. To get over the pain, the hurt, everything, and move on. He said what I didn't want to think.
I used to call him Grandpa. It's an old joke because he's older than I am. But really, he's my brother. He's the older brother I needed so much when I was younger. He's the brother who will tell me I'm being stupid. He's a brother.
This post is just a thank you to him. He knows who he is. And will be surprised at work tomorrow.
Thanks.
Tyler.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you aren't going to call me Grandpa anymore?! LOL

    Seriously, this means a lot to be bro!

    ReplyDelete