Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Missing

I've been missing. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Physically is the easiest to describe. Since I moved out, I never see my younger siblings. They miss me and text often, but it is not the same. I feel bad every morning when I get up. And feel bad when I lay down for sleep and don't hear them running around and causing havoc. It stinks.
Mentally, I'm just as bad. I've caught myself alot lately, just sitting in class or in the lounges at school, just staring blankly off. I find myself disengaged from everything around me. It makes it hard. I pride myself on my relationships and when I'm mentally not there, I feel like I let everyone around me down. I'm rude to my roommate, I blow off close friends, and I just stop caring about my classes.
Emotionally, I'm the worst. I can't seem to tell if I'm happy, sad, mad, or really anything. I'm not emotionally drained, just emotionally absent. I haven't been here. I've had quite a week.
I hate getting to this point. I truly do. I work really hard to stay together, like most people do, so it isn't easy to see myself falling down again.
What I'm getting at is to stay strong. Just because you're falling, don't let yourself fall into the trap of giving up. The biggest obstacle in getting better is starting. Once you start, keep going. Just don't give up.
Stay strong.
Tyler

2 comments: