Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ghosts

Last night, two friends and I decided to walk around some creepy things. Hawthorne pool is pretty creepy at night, just saying. Before we decided to do this, we had spent two hours talking about haunted places, and random ghost encounters.
Needless to say, we scared ourselves. There are some odd phenomena that occur around those parts. I just woke up, and was reflecting on the events of last night and the random shadow that disconnects from walls, and I started thinking of old things that had stuck with me.
Not everyone believes in ghosts or hauntings. Actually, most people laugh it off as paranoia. But, take a second and think. Do you have any old memories that are stuck in your mind? Any old experiences that you get reminded of daily? Any old pain that you can't let go? If you answered yes to any of these, you're human. Congratulations.
We're haunted as humans. Haunted by pain. Haunted by family. Haunted by school. Haunted by that girl who's smile makes your day. We're haunted. We don't want to let go. Our past hangs around our shoulders like gangs of ghosts. We let these ghosts bog us down, and drag us under. We are haunted by our own ghosts. Ghosts we've allowed to latch onto our backs.
Lately, I've had a pretty heavy step. And a lot of weight on my shoulders. Some of it is me just hanging to old things, some is just things that have just happened.
I'm not going to tell you guys what to do to let go and "exorcise" your ghosts. Frankly, I don't even know where to start with my own. It's something I struggle with more than I care to admit. So instead of my normal advice, I'll just ask. How do you think you can get rid of your ghosts. Comment on here if you'd like. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks for reading,
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment