Thursday, August 25, 2011

Judged

Ever been judged? Everyone has. Whether negative or positive, judging affects the judged. You naturally judge someone when you see them. It's a hard habit to break.
You judge whether someone is going to be a friend almost at first sight. Whether they scare you. Whether they are good or bad. Even after just meeting someone, you still judge them by their actions.
Most of the time we don't think first. We don't think about what someone has been through. We don't think about their pasts. We don't think, yet we judge.
It hurts to be judged. I grew up in a bit of a rough situation. Never really had money. We didn't always live in nice places. As a result, I matured faster. I always looked meaner than I actually am. People avoided me, thinking there is no way I could actually be a nice guy.
Sometimes, I'm a jerk, but I do my best to be a nice guy to everyone I meet. I work really hard on disproving my demeanor. It still hurts when someone sees me and sees the harley shirt, boots, and the chain on my wallet, and give me room when they walk past me in a hallway.
Wait and think. Get to know someone before you write them off.
Thanks.
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment