Tuesday, April 19, 2011

School

So, I got to thinking yesterday. I don't remember much from fifth grade. Not in general, but the things we were taught. I think I know why, and forgive my opinion. I believe that school is more meant to teach us how to grow up. I don't think it's so much the random facts, which don't hurt to know, but the lessons of time management and responsibility they start to teach us at a young age.
Also, they teach us to think for ourselves. This is a pretty useful thing to know, just saying. They teach us to accept the limits placed upon us by this world. They teach us to accept the ruling powers in our lives. They teach us to be a part of society.
Next time you have an urge to drop out or just skip, think about it. Think about what you're missing out on learning.
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment