Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wishes

I have tons of wishes. Wishes, prayers, whatever you want to call them.
I wish I had money.
A job that was reliable.
A car that works.
A past that doesn't hurt.
I wish I was stronger.
Smarter.
Better looking.
Tougher emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
Less proud and more humble.
I wish I could stand up for myself.
I wish I could say how I felt.
I wish I knew how I felt sometimes.
I wish I could understand more of what's going on and why.
I wish things had worked out with a certain person.
I have a ton more wishes.
A ton more. More than I could list if I typed all day. Most of these wishes, especially the ones listed above are pretty selfish, in my opinion. Some are well-founded. Money would be nice when I'm looking for a place to live. A car would be nice to get to work and back instead of relying on rides. Will any of these wishes come true?
I think some might. I hope some will. I hope all of them will. But realistically, I'd be pretty lucky if any of those came true.
Why do we wish we can have things we don't have? Does it not make it worse? Doesn't it make you think of what you have as being not good enough? Doesn't it naturally make us look at what we have in a negative light? When do hopes of something better turn into a form of ungratefulness for what we are given? Think about it.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment