Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blackout

I'm a theatre guy. Or at least that's what I'm considered to be at school. I guess you could call me one. I do the plays. Most of my friends are theatre people. So I think I qualify.
I have been doing theatre since junior year of high school. I learned a lot about myself when I started doing it.
I'm a natural actor. Perks of being taught to hide your emotions from a young age. I also figured out if I pretend that the world is a stage, I can be not so shy. I'm extremely shy. People terrify me. It's hard for me to talk to people. It's hard for me to do anything in public. As soon as I get home, I retreat to my room. I put headphones in and ignore the world.
I've always done it. Roommates I've had were probably offended because in public I'm loud and a "bundle of energy" (not my description). It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand what that's like.
I'm perfectly content with saying nothing for a whole day. Silence is always good in my eyes.
Theatre taught me that I can move past this whole thing though. It taught me that I'll always be scared unless I decide to fight it. It gave me a drive to make friends. It gave me a drive to have fun.
It started me on the track to healing. There's something like this for everyone. A hobby, a pastime, something. There's always something.
Thanks.
Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment