Monday, December 12, 2011

Carpenters and loss

"There's a sad and lonely comfort in the hollow of your eyes. Don't you let it take you over, because it'll eat you up inside."

This comes from a song that means a lot to me. It's in the voice of a man who lost the one person who meant the most to him. It's a song of bitterness. Of anger. Of sadness. It's full of pain.
It's a meaningful song. It talks of loss and unrequited love.
I'm in a musical mood today. I sang in the shower. I listened to music at breakfast. I'm listening to music as I type. Music disappoints me now. There are very few bands who write songs that mean something now. They're all about sex and drugs and alcohol. I guess that's seen as the ideal lifestyle by most teens now. Teenagers look forward to partying because they think being drunk makes things more fun. They think drugs make their lives better. Most don't realize how wrong they are until they're too late. Like me. 
Think about things sometimes.
Thanks.
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment